Saturday, April 25, 2015

The 3 C's in Life




'The 3 C's in Life: Choice, Chance and Change. You must make the Choice to take the Chance if you want anything in life to Change'. I saw this quote on a Nekter Juice bar black board the other day whilst waiting for my beloved beet & ginger juice and it got me thinking. Everything we think and do in our lives starts with a Choice. The choices we make every second of every day shape our very lives. We make choices to take chances and things change for the better or worse. But sometimes and more often then not, for this girl at least, we make the choice to not take a chance and so nothing changes.

 I tend to have the habit of staying in my comfort zone. Its safe there and familiar. I know what to expect and what is expected of me. But guess what? It can be quite boring and even down-right depressing at times. Starting a blog was a big step for me. Heck posting pics of me and my family on any social media outlet was in a word 'scary'. But after spending hours browsing various blogs and seeing that others like myself enjoyed this as a creative outlet it got me curious.




Then the what-if's started up in my head. Have you ever read that poem by Shel Silverstein - 'Whatif'? If not, its worth a google. I think at one time or another we have all had the case of the 'Whatif's and how they like to prance through our brains late at night. They get us wound up thinking of the worst possible outcome to that which we are pondering. But as Louise Hay, one of my favorite authors and all around humans puts it - 'Thoughts are like drops of water: with our thoughts we can drown in a sea of negativity, or we can float on the ocean of life.' And so, to make a long story not so very long, here I am. Here I am with all my flaws, run-on sentences and random thoughts.  That was the very choice I made that day. I thought - I am going to take the 'chance' and see where this goes. I hope you will come by again and enjoy this journey with me.

Any big choices or even little ones you need to make in the near future? Is chance taking hard for anyone else? If so, how do you get thru the process? I'd love to hear your thoughts...
          


Photo credit: StockSnap.io

                                                               

                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment