Sunday, June 7, 2015

1801 Handcrafted Soy Candles



It’s the simple pleasures in life that bring joy and contentment to ones day. For me, those pleasures include: my morning cup of tea, a cookie or two and having a good smelling candle burning in the background. I enjoy an uplifting or comforting smelling candle in the morning to help wake my senses and get me going for the day. Which brings me to my subject of 1801 handcrafted Soy Candles. I hadn’t heard much about this company as they are based in Buffalo New York and I currently reside in California however, I do love a good soy candle. So, when I saw that Alli of Pretty Harmless was teaming up with 1801 Handcrafted Soy Candles for a giveaway on Instagram I jumped on it. Much to my surprise and delight I was contacted by Alli, who informed me that I had been randomly selected and won the giveaway! EEE! Pure happiness and Glee for this girl! So, flash forward to earlier this week. I received my package of candle goodness and proceeded to fall in love. 




What I like about 1801 Candles is that all their products are handcrafted and made from natural materials. Their Soy wax burns soot free, and at lower temperatures than paraffin wax. Due to the lower burn degree, the 100% soy candles last about 30% longer then traditional paraffin candles. But the best part is that its better for the environment and your nose when your breathing in cleaner burning candles. Their website states that their 16 oz. candle will burn for approx. 150 hours and their 8 oz. candles burn for approx. 75 hours. 

Ok, so on to the smell! My gift included the following:

1 - 16oz ‘Vanilla Velvet’ - Smells like butter pecan ice cream tastes! Oh my yumminess :) My favorite thus far! 

1 - 8oz ‘Sweet Tart’  - I think they may have actual smashed up sweet tarts in here! The scent is  sweet and true to life in likeness to the smell of the actual candies. 

1 - 8oz ‘Pom-Berry’ - Imagine your favorite fruity smelling lotion from either Bath & Body works or Victoria Secret, its just like that but in a candle

1 - 8 oz ‘City Lights.’ - Described on their website as ‘We closed our eyes and imagined what a night on the town would smell like.’ I defiantly smell hints of cinnamon along with earthy tones. 

As far as ingredients go, all candles are handcrafted Soy wax with fragrance oil and may have dye if applicable. I was a tad hesitant about the fragrance of these candles as I do have issues with my allergies - I get headaches and or sneezing fits when around strong artificial scents. I tend to purchase only products that are scented with essential oils for this reason. However, so far so good. My nose seems to not be bothered by the candles as well as my head. Also, each candle has a strong ‘fragrance throw.’  Meaning even when not lit they give off a strong fragrance, which is nice if you don’t want the candle burning but want to enjoy its fragrance in the room. So, if your in the market for a clean burning soy candle with an awesome and unique fragrance head on over to their site for a looky-loo: http://1801-handcrafted.myshopify.com  You can also find them on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. 

Have you heard of 1801 Candles, if so what is your favorite scent? If not, who makes your favorite soy based candle? I’d love to hear your thoughts, leave me a comment below :)








No comments:

Post a Comment